NOXy® AND OTHER PRODUCTS
NOXy® ( NH2) 2 CO + H2O
NOXy® (NH2) 2 CO + H2O
It is an aqueous urea solution obtained from technically pure urea (without the addition of foreign matter) and deionized water containing 32.5% of pure urea. It is non-toxic, odorless, colorless, environmentally friendly and safe.
NOXy® (also known as AdBlue®) is a chemical product that is used in flue gas cleaning technologies. It helps to reduce harmful nitrogen oxides to non-toxic nitrogen and water vapor. The product is mainly used in the automotive industry, especially in vehicles with SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system. It allows to reduce exhaust emissions, by bringing them into line with the EU standards.
In the European Union, EURO standards are in force. They focus on emission limits of harmful substances such as nitrogen oxides (NOx), particulate matter (PM), hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) emitted by brand new vehicles sold in the EU. Regularly improved updated introduce ever more stringent limits. In line with current directives for diesel vehicles, NOx emission limits have been lowered by 60%. To understand it better, it is possible to compare 25 lorries that emit the same amount of harmful substances as a single vehicle back in the 1970s. The new standard, concerning even greater restrictions, has been in force since 2014 and it reduces the applicable limits by another 80%.
New regulations cover heavy goods vehicle and buses. Due to the extensive road infrastructure and land transport logistics in Europe, it is important to use NOXy® (also known as AdBlue®) among lorries with the SCR system. EU standards apply to most vehicles. For example, non-road vehicles, i.e. tractors, agricultural machinery with the 175-760 HP engine power, shall comply with the EURO IIIb exhaust emission standards to be approved. New rules force decision-makers to reduce 50% of nitrogen oxides and 80% of particulate matter in new vehicles compared to previous limits.
Benefits of using NOXy®:
- lower fuel consumption (by 3-4%) of vehicles powered by engines compliant with the EURO 4 standard,
- and 5% in case of engines compliant with the EURO 5 standard;
- the product also influences the environment and road toll reduction in the EU, by meeting the exhaust emission standards (In Poland, viaTOLL electronic toll collection system became operational in July 2011. By 2014 the electronic toll collection system will cover 2880 km of roads.
- Lorry drivers meeting stricter EURO standards pay lower tools for kilometric allowance);
- the possibility of maintaining, or even extending service intervals;
- higher value of vehicles at the time of resale.
NOXy® should be stored in:
- non-pressure tanks or containers of any size made from acid resistant steel;
- dry and well ventilated premises, at a temperature between -11.5°C and 30°C (Safe temperature level: from -5°C to +25°C).
The tanks should be protected against an excessive exposure to the sun or cooling. At a temperature of -11.5°C, the product may simply start to crystallize.
At a temperature below -5°C NOXy® starts to expand by about 7%, compared to its liquid state, which may cause a full container to burst in the end.
At temperatures above 25°C, the product may lose its durability, because of hydrolysis with ammonia release.
NOXy® retains its properties in temperatures from -5°C to +25°C. The ambient temperature, at which the product is stored, is an essential factor determining its durability.
Urea and ammonia solutions
Our offer includes technical urea solutions of 35%, 40% and 45% purity. Such urea solution is colorless and odorless. It is delivered in a tanker or in a 1000-litre intermediate bulk container (IBC).
Ammonia 25% solution is a colorless liquid with a distinctive smell. The solution is classified as a as hazardous material [class 8 of dangerous goods] according to RID and ADR classification. It is delivered in a tanker or in a 1000-litre intermediate bulk container (IBC).